Well hello you sexy 3-day weekend! Barbecues, poolside parties, and trips to the beach are all in order this weekend, and to help you luxuriate in it all, I've generously taken the time to compile a small, yet comprehensive list, to help you avoid some typical July 4th weekend pitfalls, (which will allow you to awaken Tuesday morning feeling totally guilt-free. Welcome.)
5 Things to Avoid at Your Holiday BBQ:
- Sitting too long in those cheap plastic chairs that leave those unattractive line marks on the backs of your legs. Get up, mingle, be social, and avoid the embarrassment! Play badminton, bocce ball, baseball, any ball!
- The fried chicken. The chili dogs. The mayo-infused (low-fat) potato salad (aka all the crap). Buffet table does not equal salad bar. Be the hero and bring the grilled chicken salad to the table, people will love you for it!
- All the super pretty red, white, and blue desserts that will pop up around you like weeds. Take a pic. Instagram it. Walk away empty handed (but with a few social likes to placate the ego.)
- That friend who does the drive-by glass filling up thing... you know who they are, they swoop in, fill your half-empty (or is it half-full) wine glass, and before you know it you're blasting Journey from your iPhone and trying to get everyone to sing along. Pay attention. Your friend is videoing you.
- Hangovers. Read #4 again.
Simple things to avoid, but effective at keeping the guilt at bay. Have fun, be safe and eat well my friend! :)